2/14/2011

Audience of One

As I continue to read through "A Work of Heart" by Reggie McNeal I am challenged once again by a vary important question to a Christian and especially a Christian leader. He asks, "Who is your audience?" In our performance based culture we so often get trapped in the snare of man pleasing in our Christian lives. Whether it's parents, pastor, mentor, friend, wife or husband we aim to perform well for the approval of those we look up to. This in turn leads to finding your identity in something other than the finished work of Christ. I know I must remind myself constantly that there will only be one being in this universe who will say, "Well done my good and faithful servant." No one else will utter those words except our audience of One who is our Father. McNeal puts it this way:

"Moses' One gave him a private burial. David's One secured his kingdom forever. Paul's One awarded him a victor's crown. Jesus' One sat Him down again at His right hand."

As we walk out our Christian lives we must only seek the approval of One, and He is our God, our King and our Deliverer.

No comments:

Post a Comment